In 1893 a small group began meeting in a farmhouse on the West Yegua Creek out in Loebau, pastored by a missionary from Georgia (the country).
They soon outgrew the farmhouse and moved around town, before organizing in 1894 and purchasing land in 1895. With a heart to reach out to the influx of mostly German immigrants, they selected the best outreach name they could muster: Evangelical Lutheran Martin Luther Church.
In November of 1895 a sanctuary was built, in July of 1897 it was struck by lightning and burnt down, and in an example of tenacity, they rebuilt with the exact same plans.
The altar, pulpit, lectern, and baptismal font were dedicated in June of 1914.
In 1947 the Sunday School area was built on.
In 1959 a new sanctuary was built, and the old one was replaced with a Fellowship Hall.
In 1979 a Youth Center was built across the street for church and community groups.
In 1992 the lobby area was expanded.
In 2004 the Day School began as a service to the young families in our community.
In 2009 Contemporary Worship started and we partnered with LCMC to marry our love of God’s Word with their passion for mission.
In 2014 the sanctuary was renovated and the Church On Main Sermons podcast launched.
It all makes you wonder:
what will God do here in years to come?
1893-95 Pastor Johannes Mgebroff
1895-99 Pastor Carl Baer
1900-01 Pastor M. Moehl
1901-42 Pastor William Mueller Sr.
1942-45 Pastor Walter Tillmanns
1946-50 Pastor Siegfried Schroeder
1951-86 Pastor Fred Mgebroff
1987-90 Senior Pastor Charles Ager
1988-92 Associate Pastor Patti Luebben
1991-96 Senior Pastor Don Marquart
1993-98 Associate Pastor Walter Miller
1997-06 Senior Pastor Ralph Lien
2008- Senior Pastor Jeremy Walloch