Skip to the content
- Plug-In Fan (optional) – Campers will be sleeping in air-conditioned rooms, but they may not get as cold as at home.
- Sleeping bags (recommended) OR Sheets and Blankets –If you opt to bring sheets and blankets, know that most dorm rooms have twin beds. There are a few full size beds in a some of the dorms.
- A Pillow
- T-shirts – Bring several that you don’t mind getting dirty. Please do not bring any clothing or other items with inappropriate words, logos, brands, pictures or other images. When in doubt, leave it at home.
- Shorts – Please bring athletic/hiking shorts that you don’t mind getting dirty. Please do not bring short shorts. You will be wearing harnesses, which will rub your skin if your shorts aren’t long enough.
- Closed-toed shoes – Needed on activities.
- Water shoes (optional)
- Flip flops – Optional, but great for the dorm room and bathroom.
- Socks and Underwear – Bring extras of both. Camp Eagle is an Adventure Camp and we’ll be outside most of the day.
- Rainwear – rain jacket/poncho is recommended.
- Hat/Bandana — shade yer noggin!
- 2 Swimsuits – We recommend bringing swimsuits to rotate as campers will get wet every day. Campers may also have to hike in their swimsuit at times. Ladies must have one-piece swimsuits or full coverage tankinis (absolutely no bikinis). Shorts for swimming are also a good idea. Gentlemen must bring regular-size swim trunks.
- Dental Hygiene – Toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss
- Shower stuff – shampoo, deodorant, soap
- Personals – feminine products
- Tote or toiletries bag – For transporting items to and from the shower.
OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS:
- Reusable water bottle – Camp will have Nalgene bottles available for purchase.
- Hydration backpack (optional) – These are nice in addition to, or in place of water bottles.
- Flashlight / Headlamp and extra batteries
- Sunscreen (bring an ample supply)
- Insect repellant
- Bible Notepad / Journal + Pens
- Spending cash or camp credit (optional)
- Medications – registered and stored in the medic HQ
- Earplugs – for light sleepers.
THIS YEAR’S SPECIAL ITEMS:
- A 4×6 photo that conveys who you are
- A set of clothes that you don’t mind getting ruined (we’ll inform your camper what day they can wear these clothes).
- A covid face mask/gaiter — for use wherever required, e.g. indoors
DO NOT BRING:
- Cell phones (We do not recommend bringing cell phones, but this is at the discretion of your Group Leader). There is no cell service available at Camp Eagle. Wi-Fi calling and land line calling is available to Group Leaders only.
- Car keys
- Knives, anything sharp, or any type of weapon
- Pets – No, not even little cute pets!
- Tobacco products of any sort of Alcohol or drugs
- Your own harness or helmet
- Expensive electronics (Camp Eagle does not provide lockers, safes, or any other means of securing valuables)