- Plug-In Fan (optional) – Campers will be sleeping in air-conditioned rooms, but they may not get as cold as at home.
- Sleeping bags (recommended) OR Sheets and Blankets –If you opt to bring sheets and blankets, know that most dorm rooms have twin beds. There are a few full size beds in a some of the dorms.
- A Pillow
- Dental Hygiene – Toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss
- Shower stuff – shampoo, deodorant, soap
- Personals – feminine products
- Tote or toiletries bag – For transporting items to and from the shower.
- T-shirts – Bring several that you don’t mind getting dirty. Please do not bring any clothing or other items with inappropriate words, logos, brands, pictures or other images. When in doubt, leave it at home.
- Shorts – Please bring athletic/hiking shorts that you don’t mind getting dirty. Please do not bring short shorts. You will be wearing harnesses, which will rub your skin if your shorts aren’t long enough.
- Closed-toed shoes – Needed on activities.
- Water shoes (optional)
- Flip flops – Optional, but great for the dorm room and bathroom.
- Socks and Underwear – Bring extras of both. Camp Eagle is an Adventure Camp and we’ll be outside most of the day.
- Rainwear – rain jacket/poncho is recommended.
- Hat/Bandana — shade yer noggin!
- 2 Swimsuits – We recommend bringing swimsuits to rotate as campers will get wet every day. Campers may also have to hike in their swimsuit at times. Ladies must have one-piece swimsuits or full coverage tankinis (absolutely no bikinis). Shorts for swimming are also a good idea. Gentlemen must bring regular-size swim trunks.
OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS:
- Reusable water bottle – Camp will have Nalgene bottles available for purchase.
- Hydration backpack (optional) – These are nice in addition to, or in place of water bottles.
- Flashlight / Headlamp and extra batteries
- Sunscreen (bring an ample supply)
- Insect repellant
- Bible Notepad / Journal + Pens
- Spending cash or camp credit (optional)
- Medications – registered and stored in the medic HQ
- Earplugs – for light sleepers.
DO NOT BRING:
- Cell phones* There is no cell service available at Camp Eagle. Wi-Fi calling and land line calling is available only to Group Leaders only. *However — We do not prohibit campers from bringing them along, as they come in handy on the ride home for letting parents know where we’re at. However, they’re not to be used while we’re at camp, which presents us with a problem: it’s on you if your phone gets lost, stolen, broken, etc. So long as you’re good with the risk, you are welcome to bring your phone and not use it all week.
- Car keys
- Knives, anything sharp, or any type of weapon If one of these shows up at camp the law gets involved. Leave it at home.
- Pets – No, not even little cute pets!
- Tobacco products of any sort of Alcohol or drugs
- Your own harness or helmet
- Expensive electronics (Camp Eagle does not provide lockers, safes, or any other means of securing valuables)
MORE USEFUL STUFF
Support our camp ministry
Make a one time or recurring donation today!
Be sure to select ‘camp’ in the drop down menu.