How can I grow in faith?
As believers, we are called to pass on the content and character of the Faith. Primarily, faith-formation takes place in the home, but church is where families can get trained and equipped to carry out this mission. Here’s a list of opportunities to study God’s word together and grow in faith:
• Sunday School is every Sunday morning from 10:15-10:55 for nursery through 8th grade.
• Confirmation is taught during the 9th and 10th grade years on Sundays during the school year from Noon to 1:30.
• Adult Bible Study discusses upcoming readings from 10:15-55 in the church office
• GIFT (Growing in Faith Together) Night is a monthly gathering with a meal followed by a family devotional activity.
• Day School is open to children from 6 weeks old through pre-K. Chapel services are held Wednesday mornings at 9 a.m. Please call 542-1015 to learn more.
• Youth Group meets Wednesdays from 6 – 8 p.m. in the Youth Center behind the church for a devotional and meal, followed by activities or free time. Additionally, youth are encouraged to participate in Vacation Bible School, first communion, acolyting, Bible presentations, Halloween Outreach, nursing home visits, the Christmas pageant, backpack blessings, food pantry volunteering, water park trips, graduate recognition, and additional, special outings.
• Women of the Word (WOW) meet monthly, host congregational meals, coordinate Christmas and Easter flowers, funeral luncheons, walk-in coffee, and more.
• Women’s Morning Circle gathers the first Monday of the month at 10am for Bible study.
• Lutheran World Relief Quilters quilt on second Tuesdays at 9 in the fellowship hall.
• Men in Mission meet on the first Thursday of each month (except June & July) at 7 p.m. in the fellowship hall for a brief meeting, refreshments, and Bible study. Activities include service projects for the church and those in need, cooking meals, Bible and book studies, and awarding scholarships.
• Congregational Council is elected to work with the staff in church leadership.
• The Altar Guild provides worship setup.
• Audio-Video Ministry operates the soundboard and video system.
• The Capital Improvement Committee recommends improvements to the campus.
• American Cancer Society Relay for Life Team participates in the annual relay.
• Facebook group with pictures from activities, event reminders, and ways to connect.
Men in Mission
Women of the Word
Eleventh Hour Band