There and Back Again
- We have 7 guys and 9 gals going to camp this year!
- We’re working out carpool details on who rides with whom.
- The plan is to meet at church after lunch on Monday, June 15 and for our caravan to leave between 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- On Saturday, June 20, we plan to leave Camp Eagle by 11:00 a.m. We will be stopping at the Nutty Brown Cafe for lunch. Click here to see the planned route on Google Maps.
Location, Location, Location
From the Camp Eagle website
Camp Eagle is located in the Texas Hill Country at the headwaters of the spring-fed Nueces River. GPS systems and online maps have trouble locating our hidden oasis so please follow these directions for help.
Directions from Austin
Take 290 West through Johnson City, Fredericksburg and Harper. Go south on 479 to I-10 and then go west one exit to Exit number 490 (Hwy 41/Mountain Home, Rocksprings). Turn left under the highway and go west on 41. After two miles you will cross Hwy 27. Continue on Hwy 41 for 22 miles to the intersection of 41 and Hwy 83. Cross 83 and go 16 more miles on Hwy 41. Turn left onto Hackberry Road, which is a dirt road. Camp Eagle is 8 miles ahead.
6424 Hackberry Rd.
Rocksprings, TX 78880
What to bring?
Mr. Ryan recommends bringing:
- a small, carry-able bible (here’s one, and here’s another, and here’s another, and here’s another, and here’s another…)
- a journal & writing utensil
- aqua socks (the river rocks can be slippery),
- maybe some shower sandals
- a shower towel and a “beach” towel
- bed sheets vs. sleeping bags
- NOT everything in your closet!
- a thankful attitude!
Camp Eagle has their packing list, too.packing list