After a very long CCP/Coronavirus/Covid19 lockdown, we’re gearing up to re-open the youth building and begin having youth group again. Governor Abbott is scheduled to give a press release next week, so we’ll have more details when that happens, but for now we’re planning on 9 September as our start date.
As is our custom:
- we’ll begin with a bible study / brief devotion,
- with Men in Mission providing a meal,
- and after that we’ll hang out and catch up with everybody!
Since it’s the beginning of the 2020-2021 new school year, we’ll also send home our youth information/permission/consent form for your parents to fill out.
See you on Wednesday!
Youth Group Covid Plan
- Youth Group is not a requirement! If you are worried about covid and don’t yet feel safe to gather, please don’t force yourself! Also, if you are not feeling well or are showing signs of illness, please stay home and go to the doctor if need be.
- For those who do come, we will take everyone’s temperature upon arrival, and check for covid symptoms.
- Once at youth group, we will try to keep six feet of distance between ourselves as much as possible.
- As for wearing masks: if your parents want you to wear a mask, then we want you to honor them by wearing a mask. If your parents don’t want you to wear a mask, we want you to honor that, too (churches are exempt from covid regulations by virtue of the 1st Amendment). Do be aware that we welcome mask-wearers and non-mask wearers.
- If you attend youth group, and later in the week you test positive for covid-19, please let us know. We will do our best to inform other attendees, and we also will suspend youth group activities for at least one week in order to avoid possible further spreading.