How do God’s people deal with the trials and tribulations of life? Through lots of prayer and trial and error. We make no claims of knowing the best way to deal with covid19, but we do know that the best way to save souls that need saving is to deliver the Word of God to them! Therefore we are cautiously hopeful about the possibility of hosting youth group meetings.
Here is our plan as it stands:
- Youth Group is not a requirement! If you are worried about covid and don’t yet feel safe to gather, please don’t force yourself! Also, if you are not feeling well or are showing signs of illness, please stay home and go to the doctor if need be.
- For those who do come, we will take everyone’s temperature upon arrival, and check for covid symptoms.
- Once at youth group, we will try to keep six feet of distance between ourselves as much as possible.
- As for wearing masks: if your parents want you to wear a mask, then we want you to honor them by wearing a mask. If your parents don’t want you to wear a mask, we want you to honor that, too (churches are exempt from covid regulations by virtue of the 1st Amendment). Do be aware that we welcome mask-wearers and non-mask wearers.
- If you attend youth group, and later in the week you test positive for covid-19, please let us know. We will do our best to inform other attendees, and we also will suspend youth group activities for at least one week in order to avoid possible further spreading.
JOIN US WEDNESDAY!
We meet weekly from 6 – 8 p.m. at The 565 (the Youth Center), and enjoy a meal and devotion together before we hang out. If you are between 7 and 12 grades, why don’t you come see what it’s about?